BTRC has halted the auction of the mobile number portability for the second time
It looks like Bangladeshi mobile customers have to wait longer to change their carriers while keeping their numbers a bit longer.
BTRC earlier shortlisted five companies,
- REVE Number Ltd (T4B Sp. z o.o of Poland foreigner partner company )
- Info zillion BD Teletech Consortium Ltd (foreign partner company Teletech d.o.o of Slovenia)
- Greentech International Ltd (MEDIAFON of Lithuania foreign partner company )
- Brazil-Bangladesh Consortium (ClearTech of Brazil foreign partner company )
- Roots Infotech Ltd (international partner company Sister Group of Norway)
In January, this year, the BTRC included appropriate criteria for bidders in the guidelines and sent it to the PM Office for endorsement, which was finally approved in May.
The BTRC has set ৳100,000 as the fee to register for the auction, ৳1 million as bid earnest money and ৳10 million as the base price.
The license is to be awarded for 15 years with an annual fee of ৳2 million, and from the second year, the company will have to share 5.5 percent of its revenue with the government. It will also have to give ৳10 million as bank guarantee.
After it expires, the company will be able to renew the license for another five years following clearance from the government.
Bangladesh one of the few countries in the world, without MNP facilities, with the United Kingdom, launching it in 1999.