The Prime Minister in Canada to attend Global Fund Conference in Montréal
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina started her four-day official visit to Canada on Thursday, at the invitation of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. The focus Prime Minister’s visit will be to attend the Global Fund Fifth Replenishment Conference which commenced today in Montréal, Quebec.
The Replenishment Conference will double down on the success of the Global Fund partnership, with the objective to end HIV, TB and malaria as epidemics by 2030. The Fifth Replenishment Conference seeks to gather US$13 billion for the three-year term 2017-2019.
- Save up to 8 million lives and for a total of 30-32 million lives saved by 2020.
- Organize on the results achieved and prevent the resurgence of the diseases and avert 300 million new infections.
- Avert 300 million new infections
- Support partners in the domestic investment of US$41 billion toward the three disease.
- deliver US$290 billion in economic gains.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will participate in panel discussions titled ‘Removing barriers to health through empowering women and girls, by reaching the most marginalized’ and ‘engaging the youth to meet the sustainable development goals.’
During her four-day tour, the Prime Minister will also hold bilateral meetings with Justin Trudeau the Prime Minister of Canada.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is scheduled to attend the 71st session of the UN General Assembly in New York on September 19th, 2016.